Hello everyone. Here’s what’s been happening.
New York’s Governor Cuomo announced an initiative to reduce electricity demand and improve grid reliability. The new initiative encourages New Yorkers to install thermal energy storage and other energy load shifting technologies to regulate the demand on New York’s power grid. CALMAC® CEO Mark MacCracken authored the paper, "Inside California's Aggressive Energy Storage Mandate" for Electric Energy T&D magazine and CALMAC VP Paul Valenta told Commercial Building Products magazine if net zero is feasible today.
In more CALMAC news, CALMAC met with building professionals at Trane’s Acceleration Tour, the USGBC Los Angeles Chapter Municipal Green Building Council Expo and AEE Global Con. IceBank® energy storage was highlighted in industry publications including, Alternative Energy magazine which published the case study CA Lottery Hits Jackpot with Solar and Ice-based Energy Storage. Also, GreenBuilding News and School Construction News featured articles on the thermal energy storage installation at the St Lucie School District.
Lastly, in international news, the BBC reports that energy storage is the key to a smarter power grid and predicts that peak demand will increase 6 fold in the UK by 2050. Plus, the International Energy Agency released a new publication Technology Roadmap: Energy Storage. In the report the IEA estimates that China, India, the European Union and the United States alone should invest at least USD 380 billion in energy storage capacity by 2050 to support decarbonisation.
For daily updates on IceBank® energy storage, CALMAC and related industry news, please visit www.Calmac.com or join the conversation on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Pinterest and now Google+.
- CALMAC Applauds NYSERDA and Con Edison on New Energy Storage Incentives to Regulate Peak Demand, CALMAC Press Release
- Governor Cuomo Announces Initiative to Reduce Electricity Demand and Improve Grid Reliability In New York City and Westchester County, Governor’s PressOffice
- It Comes Every Month. How Come You Don't Understand it? New York Times
- Storage Could be the Key to UK's energy future, The Engineer
- IPCC global warming report: Why Air-Conditioning Rises 30-fold by 2100, The Christian Science Monitor
- Energy Storage: The Key to a Smarter Power Grid, BBC
- Thermal Energy Storage Saves Energy, Costs for Schools, School Construction News
- Opportunities and Investment for Energy Storage Technologies, IEA
- Is Net Zero Feasible Today?, Commercial Building Products
- Thermal Energy Storage Saves Energy, Costs for Schools, Green Building News
- CA Lottery Hits Jackpot with Solar and Ice-Based Energy Storage, Alt Energy
- Wind, Solar Energy Driving Electricity Storage Technology, Climate Central
- Inside California's Aggressive Energy Storage Mandate, Electric Energy T&D